Saturday, December 3, 2011

Never Look Back...

I've recently been commissioned to make my friends Sara and Jeremiah their wedding rings! 

I was looking to brush up on my stonesetting techniques,and I just dug up these old pictures of some of my class projects from a few years back at the Jewelry Institute!

Even though my personal asthetic isn't present until that last three photographs, I found it a very interesting dive into the past and it also reminded me about some techniques I had forgotten!
I thought I would share....
Everything is made completely from recycled silver that I melted down and casted or fabricated!

They say never look back... but every once in a while it can help you gain perspective and remind you of how far you've come!  ...if you can do it without getting stuck...  =)

Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment